If you are not 100% you have an emergency lighting system, or if it is working. Then you need to get it checked.
What is emergency lighting?
In the event that usual power supply to lighting fails, there will be additional lighting which will illuminate. Allowing an efficient evacuation from a premise. As a result:
- Occupants will feel safer during an evacuation.
- Emergency services will be more effective with emergency lighting.
- UFSS also provide extensive lighting and fire safety signage for added clarity in the event of an emergency.
What are the problems if emergency lighting isn’t installed or has not been correctly?
- Occupants are at a greater risk of injury.
- Prosecution, fines and imprisonment.
- Occupants will be unsure of exits causing fear.
- Different work areas require different lighting requirements. Making it essential each room is compliant.
Why Choose Us?
We are experienced in providing the latest solutions to your lighting needs. This includes general mains emergency fittings (both maintained and non-maintained versions) and also central battery systems. Static inverters and the most up to date addressable lighting systems are also available.
We can also provide an extensive range of options from explosion proof, IP65 waterproof outdoor fittings, decorative emergency fittings to standard bulkheads.
Our technical engineers provide a free site survey to understand your detailed requirements. Following your approval we offer a full design, installation, commission and hand-over service with supporting documentation, all to the latest standards and local fire officer requirements.
Emergency Lighting Regulations
All our emergency lighting systems are designed and installed to the highest standards. Meeting all regulations.
- BS 5266-1:2016 Code of practice for the emergency lighting of premises.
- BS EN 60598-2-22 British and European standard for emergency luminaires.
- BS 5499-10:2014 Guidance for the selection and use of safety signs and fire safety notices.
If you fail to provide and maintain a compliant emergency lighting system within a commercial premise. It is likely you will face prosecution and/or fines.
View Our Case Studies
Read Our Testimonials